Sometimes experiments go wrong…
March 3, 2016 § 3 Comments
… But that doesn’t mean you should give up.
Today I made this –
This was an experiment that turned out well.
I had seen pictures of other people’s felt, where 3D parts had been added on during the wet felting process. How do they do that? I thought to myself. So I did an experiment.
The spikes I made separately, leaving little tufts at the end, which I attached to the main body before the whole thing was properly felted.
The first time I tried this it went terribly wrong
None of the spikes attached well, and the whole thing was a floppy shameful mess. However, I was determined that it would work, so I tried again.
In the second attempt I left longer tufts on the spikes, and rubbed the join with soap and bubble wrap before rolling the whole thing a lot.
And that time it worked! Woo!
I’m not sure if I will actually do anything with this. I wanted to test the method before using it in a hat, without wasting to much wool for experimenting, so I made something small first.
I may well turn it into a monster!
We shall see!